Written by Don Porth and in partnership with the National Fire Academy (NFA) and Vision 20/20, the first edition of Fire Protection Publication’s Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention will equip interventionists and program managers with the tools needed to create, implement, and evaluate a Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention program. The first six chapters of the book are for the interventionist while the last two chapters speak directly to the program manager.
The manual successfully meets the job performance requirements of NFPA 1030, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Prevention Program Positions.
- Chapter 1 – Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention as a Community Resource
- Chapter 2 – Youth Behavioral Factors
- Chapter 3 – Overview of the Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention Program
- Chapter 4 – Intake, Interview, and Screening
- Chapter 5 – Types of Interventions
- Chapter 6 – Quantifying Firesetting
- Chapter 7 – Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention Development and Management
- Chapter 8 – Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention Program Implementation and Evaluation
- Publisher: Fire Protection Publications
- ISBN: 978-0-87939-791-3
- Edition: 1st
- Year: 2022
- Pages: 231
- IFSTA Item Number: 36182