Iron Fox Pick Head Axe
Pick head axes still have a place in the modern fire ground, and an Iron Fox axe is the perfect way to give your team the latest evolution for their axe work. Perfect for cutting openings, purchasing points, or clearing debris, the axe is powerful, elegant, and destructive when used by a trained professional. Keep the axe traditions alive with this revolutionary take on the fireman's axe.
Iron Fox Power
There's more than meets the eye when it comes to fire axes. This pick head axe gives you two powerful cutting tools to match the job at hand. This gives you more options in the field to preserve property and save lives.
- Head Weight: ~ 8.0 lbs
- Black oxide coating reduces friction and oxidation
- Tool Steel with an RC of 50-56
- The top of this Iron Fox axe is raised higher and pitched forward for faster cutting with less effort.
- The head uses a traditional back-to-front taper familiar to axe handlers.
- Chisel-ground edge is built for efficient cuts without the damage and nicks prevalent in hollow-ground edges - more effective cutting for more strokes.
- The specially designed blade sweeps back at its lowest point to complement a natural arc-efficient power delivery and reduce felt feedback through the handle.
- Pick is designed with a pair of sweeping angles that optimize force and penetration while encouraging better swing geometry for less feedback and handle kick.
- Available in authentic Tennessee Hickory for traditionalists and high-performance black fiberglass for rugged durability.
Professional Firefighting Equipment
Whether you're supplying a big city station house or a rural volunteer department, we've got the field-proven firefighting equipment that will help your crews get the job done. Our gear is meant for the fire ground, and we're proud to deliver it at prices that help you stay within budget without compromising performance or safety.