IFSTA Essentials of Fire Fighting, 7th Edition & Student Workbook
All new edition meets ALL of the NFPA 1001, 2019 JPRs. Essentials 7 is the complete source for firefighter recruit and refresher training.
- Organized to meet the needs of students and instructors:
- Chapters 1-15 Fire Fighter I
- Chapters 16-22 Fire Fighter II
- Chapter 23 Emergency First Aid (FFI JPRs)
- Chapters 24-26 Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations (FFI JPRs)
- Chapter 27 NIMS-ICS (FF I, FF II, and Hazmat JPRs)
- IFSTA worked with the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute (UL-FSRI) to incorporate the latest research on fire behavior and fire attack. This research is throughout the text. Essentials 7uses text, photos, illustrations, key terms and plain language for greater comprehension of this new content.
- Hazardous Materials content is enhanced and meets Awareness and Operations of NFPA 1072, 2017 JPRs.
- The NEW IFSTA ONE COLUMN format means more photos, more illustrations, and more tables. More visuals enhance the student learning experience.
- The Essentials 7th Edition App – a student companion app is FREE to download. Stream all 173 skills videos FREE. Practice tool identification FREE. Sample the Essentials 7 Interactive Course and Exam Prep.
- A complete line of support products for students and instructors include the Curriculum, Workbook, Exam Prep, Interactive Course, Skills Videos, and eBook.
The Workbook is for the student to review the material in each chapter, to support classroom and online instruction. It is ideal for homework assignments. The Workbook includes more than 3,000 questions and activities covering all 27 chapters of Essentials 7. Instructors can include the activities and questions in lesson plans and for review after the initial presentation of chapter content. Each item is page referenced so the user can quickly find the topic to review in Essentials 7. Students will also find value in using the Workbook if the instructor does not incorporate it as a part of a course. Different types of questions and activities reinforce various learning styles.
- Key Terms
- Fill in the Blank
- Picture Identification
- Short Answer
- Multiple Choice