Hazardous Materials Technician, 3rd Edition, eBook
This product is the eBook version of the print textbook: Hazardous Materials Technician, 3rd Edition.
IFSTA’s Hazardous Materials Technician, 3rd Edition, prepares emergency responders conducting technical, advanced, offensive operations during hazardous material incidents the ability to meet the Technician level certification requirements of NFPA 470, Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Standard for Responders, 2022 Edition. This manual adds to the techniques and principles learned in IFSTA’s Hazardous Materials for First Responders, 6th Edition.
In addition to the NFPA 470 standard, this manual also addressed the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training requirements found in Title 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), paragraph (q), for emergency responders at the Technician Level.
In this latest edition, changes include, but are not limited to
- Chapter 3, Chemistry, has been extensively revised to make concepts and terminology more understandable. Sixteen key terms were created to aid in comprehension
- Chapter 11, Rescue and Recovery, an entirely new topic for this manual, was written to cover a new rescue-based JPR added in the NFPA 470
- Chapter 12, Product Control, has been completely rewritten and is much more extensive in information and discusses product control tools and equipment, value operation, overpacking and controlling specific products and hazards
Key features of is manual
- Reference sources at the end of each chapter
- Key term definitions at the end of each chapter
- Discussion questions at the end of each chapter
IFSTA full featured eBooks meet the needs of the fire and emergency responder who is fully connected and immersed in the capability of mobile devices to communicate, socialize, and learn.
IFSTA eBooks include features to enhance learning:
- Downloadable for use while offline.
- Fully searchable text.
- Accessible from up to 2 computers and 2 mobile devices.
- Bookmarked Table of Contents allows quick access to the content.
- Print-fidelity ensures compatibility with the print version, and student support products.
- Notes, highlights, and bookmarks are stored in the cloud for access on multiple devices.
- Copy and print up to 20% of an IFSTA eBook.