The Pro-Tech 8 W, Wildland glove is specifically designed and constructed for hand protection during Wildland firefighting activities. The component materials are designed to withstand the effects of flame, heat, sharp objects and other hazards that are encountered during wildland firefighting operations.
The glove meets or exceeds the NFPA 1977 Standard - on Protective Clothing and Equipment for Wildland Fire Fighting. Certifying Agent: Safety Equipment Institute McLean, Va.
- Reinforced palm and thumb provide enhanced protection and durability
- Extreme flexibility reduces hand fatigue during long missions
- Glove will remain soft and flexible after drying
- Glove body is extended at the cuff to ensure protection at the vulnerable glove/sleeve interface
- Inner liner for extra protection and comfort is sewn in at each fingertip
- Elastic Modacrylic inner cuff band prevents debris from entering and secures fit
- 100% Kevlar¨ stitching used throughout the entire glove
DESIGN AND FEATURES:
- An extremely flexible and comfortable glove that provides thermal protection and cut resistance. Durable but soft brushed full grain cow hide leather supports maximum grip and dexterity along with finger sidewalls sections that are independently cut and sewn.
- The palm and palm side thumb are strategically reinforced with the sueded leather to reduce the effects of wear and abrasion.
- The glove body is extended in the cuff area to provide maximum protection and reduce the risk of exposure at the glove/sleeve interface.
- An elastic modacrylic inner cuff band prevents debris from entering and secures the glove on.
- Gathered stitching is used around the entire wrist to secure the fit.
- The glove inner liner is sewn in at each fingertip to eliminate pull-out. A leather hang-up loop is provided on the glove inside for easy drying and storage.
- Available with regular cuff, debris blocker cuff, and knit wristlet in XS-3XL.