DQE Decon in a Bag
The objective of gross decontamination is to minimize the effects of the contaminant on the patient as well as decrease the exposure risk to others. Sometimes complete decontamination in the field is not possible. A variety of factors such as adverse weather conditions, lack of privacy, water availability, the type of contaminant and responder safety may influence your ability to thoroughly decontaminate. Having Decon in a Bag on hand in your vehicle or at your facility will strengthen your emergency response capabilities.
- Decontamination kit works to minimize the effects of the contaminant on the patient as well as decrease the exposure risk to the responder.
- Removing and bagging the victim's clothing removes over 80% of the contaminants and minimizes the risk of spreading the toxic agent to others after exposure to a hazardous chemical, radioactive contamination source or terrorist attack.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) shields personnel from contact with hazardous materials. Although no combination of PPE guards against all hazards, the equipment selected should provide as much protection as possible to the skin, eyes, face, hands, feet and respiratory tract.
- Waterproof decontamination instructions and Standard Operating Procedures to serve as an easy reference guide
- Heavy-duty vinyl carry bag
- 1 - Decon Wand
- 1 - Compact Water Supply Hose
- 2 - Splash Protection Kits for responders
- 4 - Don-It Personal Privacy Kits for victims
- 4 - Collection bags for contaminated clothing
- 1 - Decon Shower Sponge
- Liquid soap
Please contact Curtis for pricing & in-depth product specifications.