Council Tool Fire Swatter with Wood Handle
The Fire Swatter has a 60 in. handle - sometimes referred to as a fire flap, flail, or beater, this tool is used to smother fires. Typically it is used to control or direct flames during controlled burns or in conjunction with mop-up details after fires. Production of this item dates back to the 1920s. Older specifications may specify the flap as containing cotton plies. This type of material is no longer available.
- Flap is a masticated rubber piece of approximately 1/4′ in. diameter x 12 in. x 15 in.
- Secured to a rectangular steel structure member with a welded stud which is forced into a ferrule.
- Red enamel finish on the metal frame.
- 60 in American Ash Handle with a ferrule for strength and durability.
- Bundled for shipment and handling
- Made in the USA