NRS Sierra Rescue River Rescue and Safety Field Guide
A compact, waterproof booklet to keep close at hand, the Sierra Rescue River Rescue and Safety Field Guide covers the basics for most on-the-water emergencies.
- Designed to give paddlers the tools to pre-plan, evaluate, move downriver and execute rescues in a safe and efficient manner.
- Divided into five sections: Pre-Planning Decisions, Risk Assessment, Steps to a Rescue, Whitewater Rescue and Technical River Skills, Rope Rescue Techniques, and What to Carry on the River.
- Includes information resources, group member information sheets, river log sheets, and first-aid, safety, and gear checklists.
- Printed on waterproof, tear-proof paper, making it a useful tool that's easy to bring along on the water.
- Written by two rescue professionals with a combination of 40 years of first-hand experience.
Authors: Sierra Rescue International