Fire and Emergency Services Orientation and Terminology, 7th Edition - eBook
The 7th Edition of IFSTA's Fire and Emergency Services Orientation and vocabulary introduces new firefighters and fire science students to the history, traditions, vocabulary, organization, and operation of the fire and emergency services. The manual also includes definitions of fire service organizations, operational duties, and career prospects. The guidebook is aimed at college students who are starting their associate's level studies in fire-related disciplines. This manual fits the course result and outline criteria of the Fire and Emergency Services for Higher Education (FESHE) associate's level core course, "Principles of Emergency Services."
This manual addresses some of the requisite knowledge items identified in Chapter 4, Fire Fighter I, and Chapter 5, Fire Fighter II, of NFPA 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications, 2019 Edition. As such, this manual could be used as a preparatory text for recruits before certifying for Fire Fighter I.
IFSTA® full featured eBooks meet the needs of the fire and emergency responder who is fully connected and immersed in the capability of mobile devices to communicate, socialize, and learn.
- Downloadable for use while offline.
- Fully searchable text.
- Accessible from up to 2 computers and 2 mobile devices.
- Bookmarked Table of Contents allows quick access to the content.
- Print-fidelity ensures compatibility with the print version, and student support products.
- Notes, highlights, and bookmarks are stored in the cloud for access on multiple devices.
- Copy and print up to 20% of an IFSTA eBook.