PGI BarriAire Silver Particulate Hood - Complete Coverage
The PGI BarriAire Silver Particulate Hood - Complete Coverage, Extended Bib with Nomex Nano Flex Face Opening. Particulate coverage includes the entire head except for the Sure‑Fit panel at the crown. The front and back bib extends particulate barrier coverage beyond critical areas as identified by NFPA – Maximum Protection. UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition. Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection – Current Edition.
- Sizing - One size fits most
- Three layers of proven Nomex FR fabrics for excellent heat, flame and thermal resistance with improved tensile and tear strength for longer wear life.
- BarriAire Silver Hoods combine two layers of industry leading Nomex FR fabric and a middle layer of ultra‑lightweight, DuPont Nomex Nano Flex fabric, which can inhibit penetration of many small size harmful particles.
- PGI laminated BarriAire composite fabrics recently achieved Viral Filtration Efficiency (VFE) Rating of 99.7% and Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) Rating of 99.9%.*
- Innovative gravure lamination process, which covers only 50% of the material and supports improved air permeability and flexibility.
- The pore matrix created by the Nomex Nano Flex fiber allows moisture absorption 2½ times faster than PTFE laminates.
- The materials and lamination process create a composite fabric that is stable and has unparalleled particulate efficiency, comfort and protection.
- Exceeds industry standards of blocking 90% of particles between 0.1 and 1.0 microns in size.
- Built-in stretch and recovery, to better conform to the head and neck for true one size fits all sizing.
- Stylish silver color allows you to detect when the hood’s soiled and needs cleaning.
- Fabric is inherently static resistant.
- Generous cut with a little “ease” built into the design so the hood doesn’t fit skin tight — creates a layer of air between the hood and head which improves thermal resistance from flame and heat.
- Enhanced stitching, with major seams flat seamed stitch assembled.
- Extra-long length (23") front and back, ensures hood stays tucked‑in even after laundry shrinkage.
- UL Certified thermal patch label facilitates tracking and identification through barcoding, sequential numbering and personalization.
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting — Current Edition.
- Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection — Current Edition.
- BarriAire Silver Laminate FR Composite: An innovative lamination process, which covers only 50% of the material, allows for great air permeability and flexibility. The pore matrix created by the Nomex Nano Flex fiber allows moisture absorption 2½ times faster than PTFE laminates. The materials and lamination process creates a fabric that has unparalleled particulate efficiency, comfort, and protection.
- Para-Tek FR Rib Knit: PGI's proprietary tri-blend of Lenzing FR, high strength para-aramid, and high tenacity nylon. This superb flame-resistant fiber combination offers an outstanding TPP rating, arc flash protection, and excellent moisture absorbency.