The Cairns XR2 Technical Rescue Helmet focuses on innovation - offering full modularity, accessory integration, user-focused design, cleanability, unmatched comfort, and much more.
- Engineered helmet platform designed for technical rescue, wildland firefighting, climbing, and water rescue operations.
- All integrated and modular accessories are designed for easy attachment.
- “Glove-friendly” design of all accessories and helmet adjustment points for both right- and left-handed users.
- Easy to remove one-piece textile soft goods to support health and safety initiatives
- Modular platform with various easily attachable accessories: responder goggles, face protection, and hearing protection with an integrated communication system.
- Compact design, lightweight materials, ride height adjustments, and integrated modular accessories contribute to optimized weight distribution.
- Optional dual ventilation shell pattern on top and sides provides additional comfort.
- Innovative one-piece padding in soft goods to help reduce pressure points.
- Accessories designed for full integration: dual beam headlamp with a taillight (Buddy light), adjustable internal visor, and water rescue ear protection.
Meets Multiple Standards
- Designed and tested to meet the latest NFPA and EN Standards for Technical Rescue, Wildland Firefighting (EN only), and Water Rescue.
- Weight (Helmet Only): 1.7 lb. ± 1.8 oz.
- Dimensions (Shell): 11.8” x 9.4” x 7.1”
- Size: One size fits most (hat size ranges 6 1⁄2 to 8 1/8 )
- Chinstrap: 3-4 points chinstrap, 0.6” wide fire-retardant strap without loose end, height and depth adjustments, Quick release buckle
- Adjustments: Head size (ratchet adjustment system), Ride height (3 positions), Nape strap height adjustment (3 positions)
- Shell & Plastic Parts - High-temperature thermoplastics
- Straps - Fire-retardant, modacrylic, and polyester blend
- Paddings - Polyamide / Polyester / Elastane base material
- NFPA 1951, 2020 Edition; Standard on Protective Ensembles for Technical Rescue Incidents