Indian Springs Kit AD - Chlorine Institute Cylinder Emergency Kit
Kit AD is for US DOT 3A480 & 3AA480 100/150 lb. Chlorine Cylinders which includes devices and tools to contain leaks in and around the cylinder valve and in the side wall of chlorine cylinders. The Chlorine Institute Emergency Kit "A" is the only chlorine emergency kit for chlorine cylinders that is manufactured to the design specifications of the Chlorine Institute. The kit as comes with a 15 min. instructional DVD.
- Variety of hand tools
- Inspection seals and additional sealing devices
- All items are labeled with a part number & color coded red
- Durable polyethylene kit box
Device #1: Designed to contain leaks in and around the cylinder valve (photo).
- Hood and yoke integrated into one piece allowing for adjusting cap screws independently regardless which chain link is attached.
- Flat base design allows for more stable adjustable platform for cylinders to 15" in dia. Lighter but stronger chain dramatically lessens weight of entire unit.
- Gasket is enhanced with new design to fit better and decrease chances of roll-out.
Device #2 Fuse Plug Clamp re-designed to fit over standard and "enhanced" chlorine valve styles
- Fits cylinders with oversized neck rings and cylinders with the valve protective housing attached
- Accommodates cylinders up to 15" in diameter with bumped or foot-ring cylinder bottoms.
Device #2: A clamping device to seal leaks at the fusible plug (screwed-in & poured type plugs.) on standard and new "Enhanced" style valves.
Device #8: Patching device to seal leaks in cylinder side wall. NEW design: smaller button gasket increase sealing capability while applying less pressure. Nylon strap replaces chain to decrease weight and potential pinch points.